What foods make the flu worse?
Foods to avoid when you have the flu
- Caffeinated drinks and alcohol. …
- Greasy foods. …
- Hard to digest grains. …
- Sugary food or drinks.
- You may think a vitamin-c rich fruit juices are the best things to drink when you’re sick, but most of these options aren’t nutritionally dense and can inflame your immune system.
What should I cook for sick people?
22 Cold Remedy Recipes for Surviving Sick Days
- Chicken Noodle Soup.
- Tropical Green Smoothie.
- spiced popcorn.
- gingery wonton soup.
- Maple-Raisin Oatmeal.
- chicken and dumplings.
- ginger chicken stir-fry with sesame noodles.
- Mushroom & Egg Toasts.
What gets rid of flu fast?
9 Tips to Ease Flu Symptoms
- Stay home and get plenty of rest.
- Drink plenty of fluids.
- Treat aches and fever.
- Take care of your cough.
- Sit in a steamy bathroom.
- Run the humidifier.
- Try a lozenge.
- Get salty.
What can I cook for my sick boyfriend?
From lemony spinach tortellini soup to brown butter noodles, these 12 quick and nourishing recipes are sure to hit the spot when you’re sick.
- Veggie-Packed Cabbage Soup. …
- Creamy Spinach Parmesan Orzo. …
- Lemony Tortellini Spinach Soup. …
- Rotisserie Chicken Coconut Curry Soup. …
- Crispy White Beans with Greens and Poached Egg.
Is Orange Juice Good for flu?
Dairy products make some people produce more mucus. If this happens to you, avoid dairy for a few days. They may also make nausea and vomiting worse. Orange juice, especially with the pulp, is packed with vitamin C and folic acid, which may give your immune system a boost and help you feel better faster.
Is banana good for flu?
Bananas. Bananas are a great food to eat when you’re sick. They’re soft and bland but rich in nutrients and fast-acting carbs. The potassium in bananas can help replenish your electrolyte stores as well, since potassium is one of the key electrolytes your body needs ( 34 , 35 ).
Is pasta good for fever?
Although not super exciting, very plain and bland foods can help ease symptoms. Try pasta, dry cereals, oatmeal, bread and crackers. But bland doesn’t mean you can’t add protein or veggies into the mix if you’re feeling up for it! Try eating rice and baked chicken breast or cheese and crackers.
Is Ramen good when sick?
Any type of hot, spicy broth
If you’re tired of chicken noodle soup, no worries — you can get relief from any hot, spicy broth-based soup, like pho or ramen. Pour on the spice and turn up the heat for the best results.
What can I eat besides soup when sick?
Hot tea. Tea is a favorite remedy for many symptoms associated with colds and the flu. Just like chicken soup, hot tea acts as a natural decongestant. The tea needs to be hot to help relieve congestion, but it shouldn’t be so hot that it further irritates your throat.
How do you prevent a virus in your body?
Antiviral drugs can ease symptoms and shorten how long you are sick with viral infections like the flu and Ebola. They can rid your body of these viruses. Viral infections like HIV, hepatitis and herpes are chronic. Antivirals can’t get rid of the virus, which stays in your body.
How do you know if your body is fighting a virus?
In addition to aches and pains, chills are another tell-tale sign that your body may be fighting off a virus. In fact, chills are often one of the first symptoms that people notice when they’re coming down with the flu.
How can I prevent the flu naturally?
Natural Flu Prevention Tips
- Wash Your Hands Thoroughly & Frequently. Although the flu is an airborne illness, it is often transmitted by shaking hands and touching frequently used surfaces. …
- Keep Your Space. Try to stay about six feet away from others when possible. …
- Stay Active. …
- Sleep Tight. …
- Eat a Nutrient-Rich Diet.