Will reheated shrimp make you sick?
How long do I cook a 24.5 lb turkey?
We recommend roasting turkey at 350 degrees F for 13 minutes per pound for an unstuffed turkey.
How Long to Cook a Turkey.
|Turkey Weight||Servings||Cooking Time|
|15 to 18 lb||10 to 12||3 1/4 to 4 hours|
|18 to 20 lb||12 to 14||4 to 4 1/4 hours|
|20 to 22 lb||14 to 16||4 1/4 to 4 3/4 hours|
|23 to 24 lb||16 to 20||5 to 5 1/4 hours|
Is it better to cook a turkey at 325 or 350?
Roast the turkey uncovered at a temperature ranging from 325°F to 350°F. Higher temperatures may cause the meat to dry out, but this is preferable to temperatures that are too low which may not allow the interior of the turkey to cook to a safe temperature.
How long should a 25 lb turkey cook?
A 25-pound turkey would take approximately 5 hours and 30 minutes to cook until done — when a thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the breast and thigh registers 165 F, according to the University of Minnesota Extension.
How long do you cook a stuffed 24 pound turkey?
How Long to Cook a Stuffed Turkey
- For 10- to 12-pound turkey, roast 3¼ hours to 3½ hours.
- For 12- to 14-pound turkey, roast 3½ to 4 hours.
- For 14- to 18-pound turkey, roast 4 to 4¼ hours.
- For 18- to 20-pound turkey, roast 4¼ to 4¾ hours.
- For 20- to 24-pound turkey, roast 4¾ to 5¼ hours.
Should you cover your turkey with aluminum foil?
Just make sure you uncover the lid about 30 minutes before the turkey’s done roasting so the skin has a chance to get crispy. … Covering the bird with foil mimics what a roaster lid would do — it traps steam and moistness so the turkey doesn’t dry out — all the while allowing the skin to crisp up.
Should you wash your turkey?
Wash Hands and Surfaces; not the Turkey
According to the USDA Food Safety and Inspection Service, washing raw poultry, beef, pork, lamb, or veal before cooking it is not recommended. Bacteria in raw meat and poultry juices can be spread to other foods, utensils, and surfaces.
How do I keep my turkey moist?
Classic Bread Stuffing Recipe
- Choose a fresh turkey instead of a frozen one. …
- Roast two small turkeys rather than one large one. …
- Brine the turkey. …
- Rub soft butter under the skin. …
- Truss loosely, or not at all. …
- Roast the turkey upside down at first. …
- Don’t overcook it. …
- Let the turkey rest before carving.
How often should you baste your turkey?
Most recipes will tell you to baste your turkey every thirty minutes. But our rule of thumb is actually every forty minutes, and here’s why. You don’t want to open the oven too many times, or else the whole bird will take much long to cook, and that’s a huge inconvenience.
Is turkey done at 165 or 180?
While some recipes state that turkey should be cooked to 180 degrees Fahrenheit, the meat is safe to consume once it reaches the 165-degree mark. Cooking the breasts past 165 can result in dry meat, but the dark meat can be cooked to 180.
How long do you cook a turkey at 325 degrees?
How Long to Roast a Turkey
- For one 8- to 12-pound turkey, roast at 325°F for 2¾ to 3 hours.
- For one 12- to 14-pound turkey, roast at 325°F for 3 to 3¾ hours.
- For one 14- to 18-pound turkey, roast at 325°F for 3¾ to 4¼ hours.
- For one 18- to 20-pound turkey, roast at 325°F for 4¼ to 4½ hours.
How long does a 25 lb turkey take to thaw?
Thaw time in the fridge requires about 24 hours for every 5 pounds in a refrigerator set at about 40 degrees F (5 degrees C). Thaw time in cold water requires about 30 minutes per pound in cold water, refreshed every 30 minutes.