What’s the best way to cook thin sliced steaks?
- Slice beef into thin strips.
- Season with salt, garlic powder and fresh pepper to taste.
- Heat a large skillet over high heat.
- When the skillet is very hot, spray with cooking spray and add half of the beef.
- Cook one minute, then turn steak and cook an additional 30 seconds.
- Set aside in a large dish.
How do you cook a thin steak on the stove without an iron skillet?
How do you cook a steak on a stove without an iron skillet? HEAT oil in a medium skillet over high heat. Add steaks and sear until deep brown and crisp, about 3 minutes a side. Hold the steak on their sides and cook the edges for 1 min per side.
How long do you pan fry a 1/2 inch steak?
Sear the Steaks
Thin steaks (anything less than 1 1/2 inches thick) will cook very quickly; cook until meat is deeply browned, about 3 minutes per side for medium-rare.
How do you make thin steaks tender?
8 Simple Ways to Make Tough Meat Tender
- Physically tenderize the meat. …
- Use a marinade. …
- Don’t forget the salt. …
- Let it come up to room temperature. …
- Cook it low-and-slow. …
- Hit the right internal temperature. …
- Rest your meat. …
- Slice against the grain.
How long do you cook thin steak in the oven?
How long do you cook a steak in the oven at 350? Bake in the oven for 7- 10 minutes (7 for rare, 10 for medium rare) Remove and flip the steaks. Return them to the oven for another 7- 10 minutes on 350. Remove the baking dish, cover with a cotton towel or a lid of some sort.
Can you cook a steak in a non cast iron skillet?
If you don’t have a cast iron skillet, well, you should buy one (it’s $15 and will last you a lifetime), but if you don’t have one right now, you can use any uncoated pan with good heat retention (heavy bottomed, copper core, etc). … Add the steaks to the pan, making sure that you hear a loud sizzling noise when you do.