Can you use a lighter to start a propane grill?
Here’s how to start a gas grill: … For grills that don’t have an ignition button, use a long fireplace match or a lighter wand to light the initial burner after turning it on. Once the first burner is lit, turn the other burners on high. Close the lid and allow the temperature to heat up for 10- to 15-minutes.
How do you light a small propane grill?
Liquid Propane Grills
- Open the grill lid.
- Make sure all the burner control knobs are turned off. …
- Turn the LP tank on by turning the tank valve counterclockwise.
- Put the match in the match stick holder and strike the match to light it.
Do gas grills need a lighter?
No more waiting for coals to heat up or using a whole can of lighter fluid to get your grill started. … These grills ignite quickly, control heat easily and uniformly cook your food.
How do you light a portable gas grill?
How to Light a Gas Grill Manually
- Open the lid of your grill and find the lighting hole on the side of the grill.
- Once you see that, place a match in the curled end of the holder. …
- Turn on the gas burner closest to the hole. …
- After the first burner is lit, turn on adjacent burners to cross-light them.
Is it safe to light a grill with a lighter?
Try to light the gas as you would normally, but instead of pressing the piezo igniter button, use a long match or a long-reach butane lighter. If the grill lights and burns properly, you’ve got an ignition problem. … When they open the tank, the valve interprets the outrush of gas as a leak.
How do you light a gas grill for the first time?
Before you use your grill for the first time, spray the grates evenly with a high-heat cooking spray like canola oil while the grates are cold. Then, turn the grill on to medium heat for about 15 minutes until the oil burns off or starts to smoke. That’s it.