How long does it take to cook a 27 lb turkey?
For a 24-27 lb. turkey (weight with giblets): Bake in a 325° oven for 3-3 3/4 hr. For a 28-30 lb turkey (weight with giblets): Bake in a 325° oven for 3 1/2-4 1/2 hr. Times are for unstuffed birds.
How long does it take to bake a 25lb turkey?
Turkey Cooking Times and Temperatures
A 25-pound turkey would take approximately 5 hours and 30 minutes to cook until done — when a thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the breast and thigh registers 165 F, according to the University of Minnesota Extension.
How long does it take to cook a 26 pound Butterball turkey?
Butterball Turkey Cooking Times
- 4.5 – 7 lbs. Unstuffed: 2-2.5 hours. Stuffed: 2.25-2.75 hours.
- 7-9 lbs: Unstuffed: 2.5-3 hours. Stuffed: 2.75-4.5 hours.
- 9-18 lbs: Unstuffed: 3-3.5 hours. Stuffed: 3.75-4.5 hours.
- 18-22 lbs: Unstuffed: 3.5-4 hours. …
- 22-24 lbs: Unstuffed: 4-4.5 hours. …
- 24-30 lbs: Unstuffed: 4.5-5 hours.
Is it better to cook a turkey at 325 or 350?
Roast the turkey uncovered at a temperature ranging from 325°F to 350°F. Higher temperatures may cause the meat to dry out, but this is preferable to temperatures that are too low which may not allow the interior of the turkey to cook to a safe temperature.
How long does a 30 lb turkey take to cook?
24- to 30-pound turkey cooking time (unstuffed): Cook for 4½ to 5 hours at 325°F. 24- to 30-pound turkey cooking time (stuffed): Cook for 5½ to 6¼ hours at 325°F.
Should you cover your turkey with aluminum foil?
Just make sure you uncover the lid about 30 minutes before the turkey’s done roasting so the skin has a chance to get crispy. … Covering the bird with foil mimics what a roaster lid would do — it traps steam and moistness so the turkey doesn’t dry out — all the while allowing the skin to crisp up.
How long does it take to cook a 24 lb turkey?
If your turkey weighs 24 pounds, roast it at:
- 425°F for 4¼ to 4½ hours.
- 400°F for 4½ to 4¾ hours.
- 350°F for 4¾ to 5 hours.
- 325°F for 5 to 5¼ hours.
How long do you cook a turkey at 325 degrees?
How Long to Roast a Turkey
- For one 8- to 12-pound turkey, roast at 325°F for 2¾ to 3 hours.
- For one 12- to 14-pound turkey, roast at 325°F for 3 to 3¾ hours.
- For one 14- to 18-pound turkey, roast at 325°F for 3¾ to 4¼ hours.
- For one 18- to 20-pound turkey, roast at 325°F for 4¼ to 4½ hours.
How long should a turkey rest for?
Turkeys between 4-6kg should be rested for 1½ hours, and ones from 6-10kg can rest for two hours. Get your turkey out of the fridge 30 minutes before you cook it. You’ll get less shrinkage when it goes into a hot oven.
Do Butterball turkeys have butter in them?
In fact, there is no actual butter in or on a Butterball turkey. The fresh turkeys are injected with a basting solution made of salt water and “common household spices,” one brand representative told me.
Should you wash your turkey?
Wash Hands and Surfaces; not the Turkey
According to the USDA Food Safety and Inspection Service, washing raw poultry, beef, pork, lamb, or veal before cooking it is not recommended. Bacteria in raw meat and poultry juices can be spread to other foods, utensils, and surfaces.
How do I keep my turkey moist?
Classic Bread Stuffing Recipe
- Choose a fresh turkey instead of a frozen one. …
- Roast two small turkeys rather than one large one. …
- Brine the turkey. …
- Rub soft butter under the skin. …
- Truss loosely, or not at all. …
- Roast the turkey upside down at first. …
- Don’t overcook it. …
- Let the turkey rest before carving.
How often should you baste your turkey?
Most recipes will tell you to baste your turkey every thirty minutes. But our rule of thumb is actually every forty minutes, and here’s why. You don’t want to open the oven too many times, or else the whole bird will take much long to cook, and that’s a huge inconvenience.