How do you cook Uncle Ben’s Instant Rice?
- Cut open pouch.
- Combine rice, water and butter (optional) in a saucepan.
- Bring to a boil. REDUCE HEAT (medium-low to medium) and cover.
- Simmer 10-12 minutes or until water is absorbed. Fluff with fork and serve.
How do you microwave Uncle Ben’s Long Grain Rice?
- Combine rice, water and butter or trans fat free spread in a microwave-safe dish.
- Cover and cook on high using times indicated below: …
- Reduce to MEDIUM-HIGH (70% Power or Power Level 7) for 15-16 minutes.
- Remove from microwave oven and let stand, covered, for 5 minutes or until water has been absorbed.
What is Minute rice directions?
Use equal amounts of rice and water. BOIL water. ADD rice, stir, cover & remove from heat. WAIT 5 minutes, or until the water is absorbed, then fluff.
How much water do you put in Uncle Ben’s rice?
Add 1 cup rice, 2⅔ cups water and 1 teaspoon salt (optional). Cover and cook on HIGH heat until all liquid is absorbed, about 3 hours. Combine rice, HOT water, and if desired, salt and butter or margarine in a shallow tray. Stir.
Do you have to cook Uncle Ben’s rice?
Is Uncle Ben’s rice already cooked? That’s because they’re precooked, so you just have to heat them up and serve them with your favorite recipe or rice meal. Since they’re microwavable, they’re ready in just 90 seconds.
Is Uncle Ben’s rice healthy?
It contains nutrients like iron, potassium and B vitamins and doesn’t contain any cholesterol, saturated fat or trans fat. Its sodium content is minimal. Other varieties, like the fried rice or the cheddar and broccoli rice for example, have a higher fat and calorie content and a very high sodium content.
How long do I cook Minute Rice?
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ’s)
- From start to finish, it takes about 12 minutes to make minute rice.
- Minute rice is a one to one ratio. …
- Yes, that is exactly what I have done! …
- Minute rice is a little precooked and then dried. …
- Yes, Minute rice is a type of instant rice.
How long does rice take to cook?
Bring 1 1/2 cups water to a boil in a medium saucepan. Stir in rice and salt and return to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to a simmer, cover, and cook until rice is tender and has absorbed all the liquid, 16 to 18 minutes (check only toward the end of cooking time).
How much water do I use for Minute Rice?
What Is The Ratio of Water to Rice for Minute Rice? Minute rice is a one to one ratio. So, for every one cup of rice, you add one cup of liquid.