Can you make a pie in a foil tray?
For filled double-crust pies, increase the baking time by up to 10 minutes and cover the top of the pie with aluminum foil if it starts to get too dark. Place aluminum pie plates on a preheated baking sheet for a well-browned bottom crust and for added stability when moving pies out of the oven.
Is it safe to bake in aluminum foil pans?
Yes, you can bake in aluminum foil pans. Cakes, cookies, and brownies are three common things people bake in aluminum foil pans.
Do you need to grease a foil pie pan?
Do not oil or grease glass pie plates. Thin, aluminum pie pans are a poor choice because they cook unevenly. If you have to use them, double them up and use two. Dull metal pie plates are better than shiny metal pans for making pies.
Can you bake a pie in a metal tin?
Although metal pans conduct heat better, glass more than makes up for that because it is clear, so radiant energy can pass through the pan and help the crust bake. Metal and ceramic pans impede this. … It helps the crust expand into the pie plate, he said, which is good no matter what your pie pan is made of.
What can I bake a pie in if I don’t have a pie pan?
Pie Pan Substitutes
- Cake pan. If you don’t have a pie pan, you can use a cake pan for baking your pie. …
- Tart pans. Another substitute for a pie pan is a tart pan with a removable bottom. …
- Muffin pans. Muffin pans are suitable substitutes for pie pans, especially when you want to make mini pies. …
- Baking paper.
How do you make a pie without a pie pan?
An eight- or nine-inch cake pan is an easy pie pan substitute, as it has the same shape and volume as a pie pan. Be sure to line the bottom with a piece of parchment paper before adding the pie crust and blind-baking to make removing after baking easier.
How do you bake in foil pans?
Disposable aluminum pans work for baking many things and will work for cakes too. But you should coat the pan before baking so the cake won’t stick. Aluminum pans work just like shiny metal pans with the same directions. There are no adjustments in time or temperature needed.
What is the best pan to bake a pie in?
The Best Pie Plate
- Our pick. OXO Good Grips Glass 9″ Pie Plate With Lid. The best pie plate. At 2 inches deep, this dish holds more than most glass plates we tested. …
- Also great. Emile Henry 9-Inch Pie Dish. A prettier deep-dish pie plate. …
- Runner-up. Pyrex 9″ Glass Pie Plate. A shallower pie plate.